C.H. Spurgeon

Sinners, let me address you with words of life; Jesus wants nothing from you, nothing whatsoever, nothing done, nothing felt; he gives both work and feeling. Ragged, penniless, just as you are, lost, forsaken, desolate, with no good feelings, and no good hopes, still Jesus comes to you, and in these words of pity he addresses you, "Him that cometh unto me I will in no wise cast out."

Comment Policy: No profanity or blasphemy will be posted. You do not have to agree, but if you would like your comment posted, you will have to adhere to the policy.


Thursday, April 26, 2007

Why Do You Do What You Do?

Just a few quick questions to ask yourself today:

1] Do I read and study my Bible because I need a verse to argue with, or because I love God and want to know more about Him?

2] Do I pray always asking for something from God, without ever thanking or praising Him for what He alreay has done?

3] Do I go to church because I have to or to be seen by others, or because I enjoy the fellowship with other believers and to hear more of my Savior?

4] Do I give to my local church because I feel like I must, or because I love Him whom has given to me so much?

5] Do I sing for recognition from the claps of the congregation, or because I love my Savior and desire to praise His name?

6] Do I witness for the sake of arguing and condeming others, or for the sake of drawing those to Christ by allowing His light to shine through me?

7] Do I call myself a Christian for what God has done for me, or for what I have done for God?

8] Do I really know what others think of my Christianity, or am I too busy telling myself what it is?

1 comment:

Sista Cala said...

Motivation is everything. If the motive is not pure then neither is the act completely pure. We must be motivated by our love for God or else we are just putting in our time doing good things.

John Bunyan

To be saved is to be preserved in the faith to the end. 'He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.' (Mt. 24:13) Not that perseverance is an accident in Christianity, or a thing performed by human industry; they that are saved 'are kept by the power of God, through faith unto salvation.' (1 Pet. 1: 3-6) But perseverance is absolutely necessary to the complete saving of the soul…. He that goeth to sea with a purpose to arrive at Spain, cannot arrive there if he be drowned by the way; wherefore perseverance is absolutely necessary to the saving of the soul.