C.H. Spurgeon

Sinners, let me address you with words of life; Jesus wants nothing from you, nothing whatsoever, nothing done, nothing felt; he gives both work and feeling. Ragged, penniless, just as you are, lost, forsaken, desolate, with no good feelings, and no good hopes, still Jesus comes to you, and in these words of pity he addresses you, "Him that cometh unto me I will in no wise cast out."

Comment Policy: No profanity or blasphemy will be posted. You do not have to agree, but if you would like your comment posted, you will have to adhere to the policy.


Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ekleipsis: Free Autographed Copy!

Hoping before the end of the year, but more than likely before the end of January 2008 will be the publishing of my first fictional book entitled Ekleipsis. My wonderful editor is in the final process of examining the book for content, and then I must make the corrections and put my final touches upon it. Then it must be sent to the publishing company, I must purchase an ISBN, purchase and examine the sample, and then it will be available to the public.

As a simple promotion for fun, I have decided to give a personally signed copy of it away. Anyone is eligible. All one must do is go to http://www.landoferde.com/ and click on Blog, or go directly to http://landoferde.blogspot.com/ and submit your full name and email address to be entered.

On the date that the book becomes available to the public, which hopefully will be no later than the end of January 2008, I will get my editor to draw the winner from the list of names that have been submitted to me by email.

Upon drawing the winner, they will be notified by the email address given, requesting that they send me their address. This will be the address to where the person would like the book mailed. The person will have seven (7) days to email me back with their address, or another name will be chosen.

I appreciate your interest, and best of luck to each of you!

Please continue to check the blog for updates. The winner’s name will be posted for all to see.

John Bunyan

To be saved is to be preserved in the faith to the end. 'He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.' (Mt. 24:13) Not that perseverance is an accident in Christianity, or a thing performed by human industry; they that are saved 'are kept by the power of God, through faith unto salvation.' (1 Pet. 1: 3-6) But perseverance is absolutely necessary to the complete saving of the soul…. He that goeth to sea with a purpose to arrive at Spain, cannot arrive there if he be drowned by the way; wherefore perseverance is absolutely necessary to the saving of the soul.