C.H. Spurgeon

Sinners, let me address you with words of life; Jesus wants nothing from you, nothing whatsoever, nothing done, nothing felt; he gives both work and feeling. Ragged, penniless, just as you are, lost, forsaken, desolate, with no good feelings, and no good hopes, still Jesus comes to you, and in these words of pity he addresses you, "Him that cometh unto me I will in no wise cast out."

Comment Policy: No profanity or blasphemy will be posted. You do not have to agree, but if you would like your comment posted, you will have to adhere to the policy.


Thursday, February 15, 2007

Don’t Wait On Me

O Lord, I am lost and dark within
Separated from you and stained with sin
In bondage, I am, to “the prince of the power of the air”
My whole being corrupt and full of despair

My flesh is wicked with a mind of deceit
A tongue of slander and mischievous feet
Eyes of desire and hands of malice
A spirit that is dead and a heart that is callus

As quick as it’s heard, the seed is erased
Satan replaces the Word, puts lies in its place
Through “the lust of the flesh” and “the lust of the eyes”
Through “the pride of life”, the Truth is despised

A wonderer in darkness, yet with lights all around
I stumble and fall mist the thoughts of the proud
The Truth is so close, yet just out of reach
For I cling to my sin and not what is preached

O Lord, I ask you to send me the Light
Awaken my soul and cleanse me white
The vile and wicked sinner you see
Take control of my life, and Don’t Wait on Me!

Send your Spirit and pierce through my heart
Dwell in my being, inhabit each part
Crush my will with thy tender hand
Destroy my old self, create a new man

Fill my mind with the Words of your Book
Guide my eyes to where they should look
Move my feet through the paths I should go
Soften my heart for the compassion of souls

Chasten me Lord when I go astray
To deny the flesh and follow your Way
Put a hedge about me, from evil to keep
Fit me with the armor prepared for your sheep

You are my life line, without you I die
Send me revival everyday of my life
Keep me humble upon bended knee
Take control of my life, and Don’t Wait on Me!


6/8/2003

No comments:

John Bunyan

To be saved is to be preserved in the faith to the end. 'He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.' (Mt. 24:13) Not that perseverance is an accident in Christianity, or a thing performed by human industry; they that are saved 'are kept by the power of God, through faith unto salvation.' (1 Pet. 1: 3-6) But perseverance is absolutely necessary to the complete saving of the soul…. He that goeth to sea with a purpose to arrive at Spain, cannot arrive there if he be drowned by the way; wherefore perseverance is absolutely necessary to the saving of the soul.