C.H. Spurgeon

Sinners, let me address you with words of life; Jesus wants nothing from you, nothing whatsoever, nothing done, nothing felt; he gives both work and feeling. Ragged, penniless, just as you are, lost, forsaken, desolate, with no good feelings, and no good hopes, still Jesus comes to you, and in these words of pity he addresses you, "Him that cometh unto me I will in no wise cast out."

Comment Policy: No profanity or blasphemy will be posted. You do not have to agree, but if you would like your comment posted, you will have to adhere to the policy.


Friday, February 23, 2007

Lame Chrisitan Excuses

Dear Lord...

I want to do your work, But I just don't have the time.
I believe in supporting missions, But Lord, this money's mine;
And besides, I gave last time.

I know that I should study, To show myself approved;
But Lord, you know -- I'll never know as much as you.

I know that I should speak, And teach from your Holy Book,
But Lord you don't understand...I just can't take those dirty looks.

I know that you have told us...Where the Spirit leads we should go.
And I will Lord...
Just give me a moment -- To finish watching my favorite show.

I know that I should witness, And pass out tracts on the street;
But I get sick walking in the snow or rain, And dizzy working in the heat.

I know you said we should pray...We are to pray without ceasing;
But where is the time Lord -- Between my work, play, and sleeping?

Dear Lord...

I must admit -- The church seems, oh, so try.
That's why I don't always make it, To the services all the time.

Dear Lord...

I do pray for your return; For I know your words are true.
I will gladly serve you there in Heaven,
You know I will...
Unless there's someting else for me to do.


12/17/1997



Check out Bobby's idea of how "You might just be living the greatest sermon ever told!"

3 comments:

Bobby Cohoon said...

Tim,
Great post. I know myself I have made excuses for NOT doing what I Should be doing. And, it is something we all need to stop doing! My next thought is a question; Did you write the poem? If yes, great job!

Bobbyeiwfxja

Bobby Cohoon said...

LOL I didn't know why my comment didn't go through the first time....I put the verification code by my name!

Splinters of Silver said...

Yes sir. Any poems that you see listed here are my own.

If I find one or am given a good one to post, I will put their name on it to make sure they get credit.

Thanks.

John Bunyan

To be saved is to be preserved in the faith to the end. 'He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.' (Mt. 24:13) Not that perseverance is an accident in Christianity, or a thing performed by human industry; they that are saved 'are kept by the power of God, through faith unto salvation.' (1 Pet. 1: 3-6) But perseverance is absolutely necessary to the complete saving of the soul…. He that goeth to sea with a purpose to arrive at Spain, cannot arrive there if he be drowned by the way; wherefore perseverance is absolutely necessary to the saving of the soul.