C.H. Spurgeon

Sinners, let me address you with words of life; Jesus wants nothing from you, nothing whatsoever, nothing done, nothing felt; he gives both work and feeling. Ragged, penniless, just as you are, lost, forsaken, desolate, with no good feelings, and no good hopes, still Jesus comes to you, and in these words of pity he addresses you, "Him that cometh unto me I will in no wise cast out."

Comment Policy: No profanity or blasphemy will be posted. You do not have to agree, but if you would like your comment posted, you will have to adhere to the policy.


Saturday, May 19, 2007

Prayer Time Interrupted

58 year old woman stabs 44 year old man in neck with pen as he breaks up her prayer time at church.

2 comments:

BEAST FCD said...

Moral of the story: Pray with your eyes open.........

Wait, wait, I digress.

Don't pray. Don't pray at all. Prayers don't work, period.

Anonymous said...

Pray in a place where no one can see you, as Jesus instructed.

I interrupted a preacher one time in a prayer room with some trivial matter. He looked at me angrily, listened to what I had to say and I went my way.

The moral, don't interrupt anybody when they're focused on something.

John Bunyan

To be saved is to be preserved in the faith to the end. 'He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.' (Mt. 24:13) Not that perseverance is an accident in Christianity, or a thing performed by human industry; they that are saved 'are kept by the power of God, through faith unto salvation.' (1 Pet. 1: 3-6) But perseverance is absolutely necessary to the complete saving of the soul…. He that goeth to sea with a purpose to arrive at Spain, cannot arrive there if he be drowned by the way; wherefore perseverance is absolutely necessary to the saving of the soul.