C.H. Spurgeon

Sinners, let me address you with words of life; Jesus wants nothing from you, nothing whatsoever, nothing done, nothing felt; he gives both work and feeling. Ragged, penniless, just as you are, lost, forsaken, desolate, with no good feelings, and no good hopes, still Jesus comes to you, and in these words of pity he addresses you, "Him that cometh unto me I will in no wise cast out."

Comment Policy: No profanity or blasphemy will be posted. You do not have to agree, but if you would like your comment posted, you will have to adhere to the policy.


Thursday, May 03, 2007

Wedding Crashers

I recently saw a show on television called The Wedding Crashers. No, I’m not talking about the movie, which I did not see, but a show with real weddings and real brides and grooms which ask these people to really crash their weddings so they will be remembered.

This post will mostly be for a stimulus of some verses in Scripture I find most interesting.

9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I believe most consider this to be the marriage supper of the Lamb, which is only for the saved people, hence the wedding garments. I have heard it said that “Friend” could refer to Judas since Christ called him “Friend” when he betrayed Him.

Granted there are two ways to look at these verses:

1] As a parable, but then I ask what exactly does this “Friend” signify?

2] As literal, but then I ask who exactly is this “Friend”?

Anyone got a clue?

Sure this isn’t necessary knowledge for salvation, but can’t we enjoy the Bible?

6 comments:

concerned citizen said...

I can't comment on your post but I did want to comment (in reference to your comment at atheist revolution) that I'm going to do a post on what constitutes a troll IMO, anyway. Because I'm dealing with one on my blog now for one thing. Believe me you are not like this guy at all!(that's a good thing)

I really hope that atheists & christians can get along outside of our differences. But I don't know how possible that is in the present climate. Too bad we couldn't have a friendly game of tug-of-war? & you guys could pray beforehand, but, if you won you'd be intolerable. :)

Sista Cala said...

Looking forward to the discussion.

Splinters of Silver said...

l>t,

I somewhat disagree with vjack's opinion of troll, for the mere fact that attitude he claims Christians come there with I also find frequently in the atheists there.

Granted it is an atheist site, but most of the post seem to be ranting against Christians not really anything positive for athesits to discuss.

If all athesits do is sit around bashing Christians nothing positive will most likely ever come from it.

I am not talking about atheists becoming Christian but the point is if all they do is bash Christianity wouldn't that lead to a hatred of all Christians on a presonal level?

As for tug-of-war, there would be no stopping yall if yall won either. lol

Splinters of Silver said...

sista cala,

I was hoping more would comment with some new info maybe I hadn't heard. Hopefully someone will stop by with some input.

I will do some searching and post what I find.

Anonymous said...

I think the solution is obvious. The mysterious stranger is you.

Splinters of Silver said...

Oh my friend Sean - not if you time travel there first! Hahaha

John Bunyan

To be saved is to be preserved in the faith to the end. 'He that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.' (Mt. 24:13) Not that perseverance is an accident in Christianity, or a thing performed by human industry; they that are saved 'are kept by the power of God, through faith unto salvation.' (1 Pet. 1: 3-6) But perseverance is absolutely necessary to the complete saving of the soul…. He that goeth to sea with a purpose to arrive at Spain, cannot arrive there if he be drowned by the way; wherefore perseverance is absolutely necessary to the saving of the soul.